Charnwood’s commitment to families and children is based on the Christian belief in a Creator God who knows and loves every human being. Therefore, irrespective of age or ability, every person has inherent worth and dignity, promise and purpose. Charnwood seeks to nurture the awareness and development of that worth, dignity and potential.
We believe that:
- Every child is unique and should be recognised as being of equal worth.
- Every child has physical, emotional, intellectual, linguistic, social and spiritual needs. These should be developed, respecting the child’s race, culture and background.
- Every child develops best in a loving nurturing home environment. Parenting should be positively valued and promoted.
Read our vision and strategy for 2017 and 2018 leaflet:
Charnwood seeks, through the provision of an inclusive nursery and Opportunity Group, and through family work and complementary activities to:
- Offer all that is best in pre-school education and early years experience in order to promote the development of the full potential of each and every child, whatever their skills and abilities.
- Create an inclusive learning environment, where children with special needs and their peers learn and play together, begin to learn about difference, and learn about valuing others for who they are rather than for what they can and cannot do.
- Support children outside of the nursery context by supporting and working in partnership with their parents and carers.
- Offer listening support and guidance to any and all of the parents and carers, and provide information and facilitate access to appropriate services for those families which include children with special needs.
- Provide support for children and their families during time of change and transition and difficulty.
- Contribute to the promotion of high quality education and inclusion in the wider community, by offering training opportunities for students and by sharing Charnwood’s special needs practice and experience with other agencies and organisations.